There is no shortage of available adult coloring books and pages for any person who wants to enjoy the calming creative activity. However, it’s just once a year that coloring enthusiasts are given a new opportunity to fill in the blank pages provided by cultural institutions from around the world. Known as #ColorOurCollections, the popular campaign has museums and libraries selecting images from their acquisitions and sharing them as downloadable coloring pages for all to enjoy.
#ColorOurCollections highlights the beauty and peculiarities of the world; these aren’t typical fill-in-the-blanks. Thanks to their rich collections, scientific institutions as well as history museums have created black and white drawings featuring medical oddities, vintage advertising, and creatures they are currently researching. Not only are the pages interesting to color, but they offer the opportunity to learn something new at the same time. It just might inspire someone to research more!
For 2019, 113 institutions participated in completing free coloring pages. So, grab your colored pencils! Check out some of our favorites below, and peruse the entire selection on the #ColorOurCollections website.
113 cultural institutions from across the globe have participated in the 2019 #ColorOurCollections, in which they share free printable coloring pages based on their acquisitions.
Here’s a partial list of institutions participating in #ColorOurCollections 2019. See the entire list here.
- The American College of Greece, Archives and Special Collections
- Library of Virginia
- New York State Library
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- Denver Botanic Gardens
- Rare Book and Manuscript Library at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Massachusetts General Hospital Archives & Special Collections
- Shangri La Museum of Islamic Art, Culture & Design
- Libraries and Cultural Resources, University of Calgary
- The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis
- Biodiversity Heritage Library
- Royal Anthropological Institute
- The LuEsther T. Mertz Library of The New York Botanical Garden
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Special Collections
The post 100+ Museums Turn Their Collections Into Free Downloadable Coloring Books appeared first on My Modern Met.