Adult Art Class: Friday Art Night—Focus on Portraits
Tue, 10/05/2021 – 16:06
Friday Art Night classes are a great way to end the week! Pour yourself a drink, relax, and create! For ages 21+.
Listen beautiful relax classics on our Youtube channel.
Paint an animal portrait based on your favorite pet or make-believe beast using acrylic paints or whatever supplies you have around the house. Step-by-step instruction will be given in this fun and lively class. All levels welcome! With artist Rosanne Kleinerman.
Join on your computer or tablet wherever you have internet. A Zoom link and art materials list will be sent to you prior to class. Students are responsible for providing their own art materials based on recommendations provided by the teaching artist.
Supplies needed for this class:
- Mirror or favorite photograph
- Paper to draw or paint on: sketch, Bristol, vellum, or watercolor paper
- Canvas boards or stretched canvas if you want to paint.
- Something to draw with: pencils, color pencils, markers, charcoal, pastels, gel pens—whatever you like to use
- Acrylic paint set
- Paint brushes
- Palette knife for mixing paint
- Wax paper or palette for paint mixing
- A container with water, brushes, rag, and paper towel
- Your favorite portrait photograph and ideas!
You can find the recipes (including mocktail versions) of these portrait-worthy cocktails online: Angel Face and Good Friend.
About the Instructor
Rosanne Kleinerman is an artist and art educator. She has exhibited her work in Los Angeles, New York, and many places in between. Lately, she has taken her work to the streets, with large-scale public commissions on walls, bus shelters, and utility boxes. A Los Angeles local, she grew up visiting her favorite paintings at LACMA. Learn more about her work on Instagram: @artragelosangeles
– Fri, 11/19/2021 – 20:00
Adult Art Classes are supported in part by the Dorothy Schick Endowment Fund.
Image: Photo © Rosanne Kleinerman 2021
Members $15; General public $18 (per household)