Charioteer of Delphi, c. 478-474 B.C.E., bronze (lost wax cast) with silver, glass and copper inlay, 1.8 m high (Delphi Archaeological Museum)
Speakers: Dr. Beth Harris and Dr. Steven Zucker
Inscription on base:
“Dedicated by Polyzalus, younger brother of Gelon, tyrant of Gela and later of Syracuse, and of Hieron”
Uncovered in 1896 near the Temple of Apollo at Delphi . Created by Beth Harris and Steven Zucker.