The New Indian Express describes a terrifying incident from the village of Pandarpadh in the Jashpur district of the state of Chhattisgarh. An 8-year old boy named Deepak was playing in the backyard of his home when a cobra wrapped itself around his arm and bit him. He tried to shake it off, but the snake remained firmly attached. Finally, he bit the snake twice.
Listen beautiful relax classics on our Youtube channel.
The snake fell off Deepak and died. The boy’s parents raced him to a medical facility, where he was treated with anti-venom drugs. Fortunately, it appears that the cobra engaged in a “dry bite”–a bite that injects no venom. He went home after a day.
-via Dave Barry | Unrelated photo by Keshav Mukund Kandhadai