Digital painting tips 3 ways to smooth color and avoid muddy color
Photoshop painting tips 3 ways to smooth (blend) color and avoid muddy color and inconsistent brush stroke in digital painting.
Image and steps goto http://idrawgirls.com/tutorials/2012/07/16/3-ways-avoid-muddy-color-in-digital-painting/
1) Use higher opacity or thicker paint to avoid unsure color.
2) Alternate between hard edge and soft edge brush to make your edges clearly define. It will also help create smooth transitions between color,to create smooth transitions between color,
3) You can use smudge tool, if you need. (I personally hardly use it myself.)
4) You can alter or change the opacity of the layer itself, you can use multiple layers to your advantage to avoid muddy color.
5) You can use “Overlay” and “Color” mode on layer to enhance or bring out more saturate color if you need to.
Cause of dirty color or muddy color The following bad practices will create dirty colour mixes:
1) Trying to darken a colour with gray and black.
2) Using more than four colour within a colour mixture
3) Overworking a painting or fiddling too much within a particular area
4) The inclusion of too many earth colours, ochres and greys within the artist’s palette
5) Introducing too much dark colour in a colour mix at once and trying to lighten it again with white, causing the colour mix to lose life
Download Photoshop Brushes and useful Articles link below:
muddy color/ how to color comics/ how to paint character/ how to smooth color
how to blend color/ digital painting class/ how to color character/ draw a character