Family Art Class: Friday Art Night—Slow Stitching
Mon, 09/13/2021 – 09:06
Friday Art Night classes are a great way to end the week! Let’s relax, and create! For ages 8+.
Listen beautiful relax classics on our Youtube channel.
Using fabric scraps, simple stitching techniques, and a few embellishments, make a small textile or a patch to embellish clothing, a tote bag, and more. With artist Peggy Hasegawa.
Supplies needed for this class:
- Fabric for the base of your project (any size you wish).
- Fabric scraps
- Embellishments, optional. Buttons, sequins, lace, felt shapes, etc. you may need a second, thinner needle for embellishments like buttons and sequins.
- Glue stick. (Not liquid glue)
- Thread (regular, embroidery thread, yarn, thin ribbon, etc. Please make sure the thread, yarn, etc. will go through the eye of the needle and go through the fabric.
- A pair of scissors
- Needle (regular or plastic). Please make sure the needle will go through all fabric and embellishments. If you are using a plastic needle or a blunt tapestry needle, you will need looser weave fabric.
- A pencil or pen
About the Instructor
Peggy Hasegawa is a paper-lover specializing in handmade book arts. An arts educator for more than twenty years, she teaches classes and festival workshops at LACMA and other museums and institutions in Southern California.
– Fri, 10/08/2021 – 20:00
Image: Photo © Peggy Hasegawa
Learn more about the complete catalogue of LACMA programs for all ages—many free. Discover film screenings, art talks and classes, music, creative fun for kids, wellness activities, and more.
NexGenLA Members $15; General public $18 (per household)