Friday Art Night—Fun Interactive Cards
Thu, 09/30/2021 – 13:21
Friday Art Night classes are a great way to end the week—let’s relax and create! For ages 8+.
Listen beautiful relax classics on our Youtube channel.
Make cards that pop up and blossom open like a flower! All you need is some creative engineering and supplies that you probably already have at home. With artist Peggy Hasegawa.
Supplies needed for this class:
- Cardstock, 65 lb., 8 ½ x 11″
- Copy paper, white and colored
- Small cutting mat to protect table
- Scrapbook paper, decorative papers, or magazines
- Eraser that will not streak or smear
- Ruler with metal edge
- Craft stick (or popsicle stick or bone folder)
- Glue stick (not liquid glue)
- Craft knife
- Wet towel or wipes
- Scrap paper, 8 ½ x 11″, 12 sheets
Optional items (if you have on hand):
- Thin double-sided tape
- Ribbon, regular or thin
- Rubber stamps
- Colored pencils or markers
- Stickers, decorations, etc.
- Envelopes, 4 ¼ x 5 ½”, or invitation envelopes
About the Instructor
Peggy Hasegawa is a paper lover specializing in handmade book arts. An arts educator for more than twenty years, she teaches classes and festival workshops at LACMA and other museums and institutions in Southern California
– Fri, 11/05/2021 – 20:00
Adult Art Classes are supported in part by the Dorothy Schick Endowment Fund.
Image: Photo © Peggy Hasegawa
NexGenLA Members $15; General public $18 (per household)