More stories from the week that ended Nov 7 (click on bolded words for more information):
Listen beautiful relax classics on our Youtube channel.
- Richard Hambleton, famed “shadow man” street artist, dies at 65.
- Cities around the world using street art to slow down drivers.
- Palestinian protestors crash Banksy’s street party.
- The Whitney planning New York’s first Warhol retrospective in last 30 years.
- Art Review’s list of most influential people in the contemporary art world in 2017 – Power 100.
- Helen Downie’s collaboration with Gucci started with an Instagram post.
- Barbara Kruger’s popup shop at Performa.
- New MetroCards for NYC designed by Barbara Kruger.
- David Zwirner staffs his Hong Kong gallery, his first in Asia.
- Nazi era art hoard goes on display as curators continue to research the rightful owners.
- Does Leonardo da Vinci’s art belong in a Contemporary Art Auction? Christie’s thinks so.
- A new biography about Vivian Maier might reveal new truths about her life.
- The Obamas and Black Painting’s new golden age in America.
- Art market may lose important loophole with tax reform.
- Paul Manafort’s art buying spree.
- A look at the process of James Jean’s Shape of Water poster.