Here in Part 4, the prototype of the mobile solar charging platform starts to take shape. Industrial designer Eric Strebel, founder of Botzen Design, shows us the tricks of the trade:
– Using a laser cutter on the styrene forms that he vacuum-formed last time, he’s able to get precise shapes in a compound-curved surface
Listen beautiful relax classics on our Youtube channel.
– When cutting out parts that don’t require an entire sheet of material, he uses the opportunity to cut extra test parts out of the extra material
– The versatility of styrene, which he’s even able to fashion hinges out of
– The benefits of wet sanding, and the importance of sanding blocks
– How to solvent-weld plastic with great precision
Check it out: