Those in the business of creating cars are usually on either the design side or the engineering side. Gavin Hartley, however, is one of those rare individuals with degrees in both. The Loughborough University/RCA grad spent 11 years honing his skills at Land Rover, and has spent the past 15 years in the enviable position of Head of Bespoke Design for Rolls-Royce.
That means Hartley gets to design and oversee accessories, objects and kit-out that would be considered bananas in conventional auto design studios. Like this snappy-looking box that automatically pops open when you press a hidden button, revealing its contents:
Listen beautiful relax classics on our Youtube channel.
The Champagne Chest includes the following:
• Removable Serving tray (Mounted on the deployable lid)
• Champagne Bottle thermal flask (Accommodates most 75cl champagne bottles)
• Two thermal caviar bowls (To accommodate 30g caviar tin) and two accoutrement bowls or Accoutrement configuration with three removable porcelain bowls
• Mother of pearl caviar spoons
• Four embroidered napkins
• Four hand-blown champagne flutes
• Leather carrying sleeve
• Mains voltage charging cable with adaptors for different territories
• Charging cable for the 12V power socket
Here’s hartley on what they were going for:
There’s no price listed because, well, if you have to ask…
For those seeking more manageable wares, check out our 2020 Ultimate Gift Guide.