Follow along with Kailey, age 10, and learn how to make a symmetrical print.
Listen beautiful relax classics on our Youtube channel.
• paint or ink
1. Fold a piece of paper in half, then open it up.
2. Place paint or ink on one half.
3. Fold the paper again and press it down to spread the paint or ink.
4. Open the piece of paper to reveal your symmetrical print.
5. Repeat with a new piece of paper. This time, change the color and where you put the paint.
6. Look at the differences in your patterns.
#MetKids is a digital feature made for, with, and by kids!
#MetKids Contributor: Kailey
Inspired by “Blackwork Print with a Symmetric Grotesque Pattern” and “Panel from a Rectangular Box.”
Closed captioning for this video is available in ten additional languages:
#MetKids—ارسم لوحة متناظرة
#MetKids—Créer un motif symétrique
#MetKids—Einen symmetrischen Druck erzeugen
#MetKids—Fare una Stampa Simmetrica
#MetKids—대칭 모양 만들기
#MetKids—Faça uma Impressão Simétrica
#MetKids — Сделай симметричный отпечаток
#MetKids—Crear una impresión simétrica
Supported by Bloomberg Philanthropies.
© 2015 The Metropolitan Museum of Art