Are you one of those people that anxiously awaits Pantone’s end of the year announcement or are you in the camp that’ll find out when you find out? Either way, it’s that time! The PANTONE Color of the Year 2020 is… PANTONE 19-4052 Classic Blue. The timeless color is meant to evoke calm evening skies, a sense of peace, and reassurance in trying times. As we roll into a new decade in a matter of weeks, expect to see Classic Blue throughout the design world. To get you started, we rounded up 12 modern products in the classic hue.
Listen beautiful relax classics on our Youtube channel.
1. Iso Rectangle Rug by Puik Design B.V.
2. Kaleido Tray – Small by Clara von Zweigbergk for HAY
3. Series 7 Chair by Arne Jacobsen for Fritz Hansen
4. AJ Table Lamp by Arne Jacobsen for Louis Poulsen
5. Moon I Pillow by Ssen
6. Minimalist Blueblood Slim Wallet by CAPSULE
7. Ploum Sofa in Moby Fabric by Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec for Ligne Roset
8. Beoplay P2 Bluetooth Travel Speaker by Cecilie Manz for Bang & Olufsen
9. Away Suitcase in Classic Blue (limited edition launching January 7, 2020)
10. Reference Bookend by Henry Julier for Areaware
11. Rubber and Brass Baskets in Royal by Slash Objects
12. Toyo Steel Tool Box, Blue by Toyo Steel
Instilling calm, confidence, and connection, this enduring blue hue highlights our desire for a dependable and stable foundation on which to build as we cross the threshold into a new era.
What do you think? Love it or hate it? Care or don’t care? Will you be using it in any of your projects? Share in the comments!