As with Good, Cheap and Fast, a website called Fakespot.com seeks to make online shopping easier by weeding out the fake reviews for you. They make it pretty easy: You simply paste the link of the product you’re looking at into a box on their website, and it returns a letter grade rating the authenticity of the reviews.
As Fakespot is in the business of dealing with fakes–at press time they’ve claimed to have analyzed some 2,991,177,728 reviews–they’ve compiled a list of the top ten product categories with the most fake reviews on Amazon. We thought it would interest you to see, so here it is:
Top 10 Products with the most faked reviews on Amazon:
1. Wireless Headphones/Earbuds
2. Phone Cases and Screen Protectors
3. Smart Watches
4. Phone Charging Cables
5. 3rd Party Apple Accessories / any other known brand (Fitbit, Gopro, Garmin)
7. Anti-aging creams
8. Hair-loss products
9. Popular sneakers from Adidas or Nike
Supplements and Vitamins
10. Any supplements or vitamins claiming wondrous medical benefits in the reviews
Try it out here.